Friday, September 11, 2009

Appavum Nanum - Part 4

A Big hug, tears of joy, quick updates, snacks, short introduction ends the welcoming ceremony. "Its been years. You have to stay here with us. Its a big place and we have made all the arrangements.", Shreya said. "But, you know my father...I dont want to cause any trouble here". "Thats the very reason we want you to stay Sapna!", it was Shreya's mother. She had met her during the parental visits in the convent. "You and Shreya are best friends. You knew all of us already. Further, staying in a hotel with your father's condition is not advisable. I have always seen you as a daughter and even now. You refused to come and study from here. You have to let us do this atleast.". "Au(hh)-nty, thannks...." . Shreya's mother patted her on her head and smiled.

"Here...you will be staying in my room only...", "Where is appa?", "You dont worry on that ri. your father is my father's responsibility from now on. They know about his health conditions. Father has arranged for a full time guy to look after your father and make sure he stays away from drinking. Appa will be staying with him. I know you have not come for vacation alone. Appa will handle all his medical expenses." "No, no...pls..." " If your self-respect irks you, you can pay him back with interest after you have started your CA-ship." "but, how am I going to repa...." "Hey old lady, will you pls stop with your formalities!! Dont bore me di!! I had planned a lot of things on this vacation. four years... wow!! come lets unpack your stuff..."

"ha ha, You still hold onto the Rathan guy is it??", Shreya asked her holding a book. "Yup, I always will!!!" "I guess you will be his biggest fan ever... there is no year of publication, publisher, etc etc page..." "yeah di, its a very old book. appa had given me when you-know-what day. The front page must have been torn. It even had printing mistakes you know." "Hmm. anyways, tomorrow Karthick is coming. You remember him right?" "yeah, that thadiya guy right? One who ruined my assignment instead of yours!!! how can I forget.." "Sir has changed now after becoming the (whispering cid)... his style and attitude is getting onto my nerves these days" "ha ha, it will be fun watching a bro-sis fight after a long time" "you bet!!!"

"AAghh!!!" "You HAVE to bathe one day my sis and I did the honour of saving the world!!!", it was Karthick and it was not Shreya. "uhhh..... Sorry... i thought... Shreya..." "ha ha ha!!!! You SHOULD have worn glasses years ago, Brahma had wasted a pair of eyes???!!! ha ha ha!!!!", Shreya came down to the ground floor balcony laughing. Sapna had left to her room in shock. "She was Sapna na, do you remember, my twin friend??!! She has come here for vacation. will be staying for a few days. Now, you go and save the world!"

"Sorry Sapna, never thought the meeting would turn out to be another disaster, ha ha!!", Shreya entered the room while Sapna was drying her hair. "Its okay di. He couldnt identify who was sitting, from behind my chair" "Oh okay, we have planned for a three day trip to Ooty starting tomorrow as Karthick also has come. We have to leave sharp 4 a.m. Do not oversleep." "Hey Shreya... Im leaving home di. I just came to arrange for the money and was also feeling little dull. The doctor's words still buzzing in my head. I want to get this operation done asap." "Hey!!! its been just two days di..... No, no... You HAVE...." "Pls di Shreya. If I fail in this, all this would be a waste ri!! its personal..." "But how are you going to ensure that he doesnt drink...??" "I'm going to admit him to the hospital di until the operation is done. Hopefully, it will be for a few days only. I also spoke to the doctor yesterday itself about it" "hmm.... okay....."

No comments:

Post a Comment