Friday, September 11, 2009

Appavum Nanum - Part 5

Back to the routine. 'The stay was refreshing and boosting. To know you are not alone....The Doctor wasnt sure on how long the waiting will take. Let me wait and see for a few days. I need some buffer to think of a good plan. I must finish off my exams asap....'


She was at the library, she had to come late due to aggregated work at the office. She finished rearranging the books. Then she remembered. 'Hmm, I wonder what is the year of publication of that book.... Let me check the library database'.... 'Hmmph, the book is not in the list and ha, I didnt notice it!! Lemme google for it.....1985, 87,....90....I cannot find it. Let me check the book if I can find the year....no....just appa has signed saying 'to my lovely daughter sapna'.... is it a fake??...it can't be...i can recognize the tone....'


Her curiosity grew. She started looking for articles about Rathan in old newspaper, internet... born 1965...started writing in 1986 till 1998....blah blah...list of works...married in 1984...one child..accident broke his left ankle....became alcoholic...returned home in 2002...the trail ends there....'Ahh..here is a poster on his hand-written famous quotes....' Her mind raced, trying to join the dots backwards.... blood rushed to her head and her face became red. Her hands became numb and tears rolled down her eyes as she kept staring at the handwriting that said ''To my lovely daughter Sapna".....


It was like heaven falling on her head. She went to the Librarian uncle, "Uncle! Can you find me the photo of Rathan, the author?" "Give me a few days ma and I will get back to you" Hunt in his university, signature records, couple of phone calls to the publisher, her convent, the doctor's father, press reporters, confirmed her the heart sinking truth.


Her heart is shattered!! Her hero, her inspiration to her life, her role model, it was.... 'How????' All these years she has known her father as a lowly alcoholic who has lost all hopes in life!! 'The warden knew all along... she never once told me, even my mother.... ma!!! she LIED to me!!! she gave me the wrong picture of my father!! ("No other woman would have lasted longer") ma, how could you!! ' ".....he still didn't get it. Then it dawned on him that he was looking through the wrong window!" 'oh, appa!!! forgive me... will you ever forgive me.... I misjudged you... appa!!! appa!!! Im a fool!!'


She felt cheated, all her anger turned towards her mother. 'Ma....you lied!!!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment